Serve as a starter. The light dressing with sweet and acidic notes pairs beautifully with the asparagus.
Did you know?
It takes three years to grow asparagus – from seed to the first harvest.
Food Main Courses Starters British Gluten-free Vegetarian
A simple yet delicious starter or lunch. Serve with a crusty roll.
500ml whole milk
30g Knorr® Professional Rich Vegetable Paste Bouillon
250g onions, chopped
1.2kg asparagus, chopped into chunks
1g white pepper
15g Knorr® Professional Garlic Purée
200ml double cream
- Heat the water and milk until just boiling. Whisk in the Knorr® Professional Rich Vegetable Paste Bouillon.
- Place the butter in a pan and cook the onions for 5 mins or until softened. Add the chopped asparagus and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Add the prepared stock and milk, white pepper and Knorr® Professional Garlic Purée then bring to the boil, simmer gently for 10 mins or until the asparagus is soft.
- Take off the heat, place in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return to the heat and simmer, then add the cream. Season to taste and serve.