It might sound unusual, however mashed potato is a great ingredient in gluten-free cake baking as it keeps the cake moist.
If you’re making this on the day of selling, fresh bananas are fine to use. If not, use dried then it will keep for longer.
Banoffee Millionaire’s Shortbread
Desserts Food British Vegetarian
An excellent twist on the classic – customers won’t be able to resist!
250g shortbread biscuits, crushed
55g melted butter
150g dark brown soft sugar
397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
200g dark chocolate
55g white chocolate
- Combine the crushed biscuits and 55g melted butter, then press into a 20cm square tin, lined with baking parchment. Chill for 20 mins.
- Heat the sugar and remaining 150g butter in a non-stick pan gently, stirring, until melted. Add the condensed milk and bring to a rapid boil, stirring continuously.
- Cook for a minute or so or until the filling has thickened.
- Slice the bananas and place onto the biscuit base. Pour the caramel over the bananas. Cool, then chill until set.
- Melt the chocolate in separate bowls. Pour the dark chocolate over the caramel and then add spoonfuls of the melted white chocolate. Swirl together with a spoon for a marbled effect.
- Chill until set. Remove from the tin and cut into squares – dip your knife in hot water (then dry on kitchen towel) to make it easier to cut through the chocolate.