Serve with seasonal vegetables.
Bisto Steak & Ale Pie
Main Courses British
This comforting, traditional pie is perfect for chilly nights.
50ml sunflower oil
200g onions, 1cm dice
25g tomato purée
25g Bisto Beef Bouillon Paste
600ml boiling water
200ml golden ale
300g chestnut mushrooms, halved
75g Bisto Reduced Salt Gravy Granules
1.25kg sirloin steak pieces, cooked
500g puff pastry
1 egg for glazing
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onions and cook until soft.
- Add the tomato purée and cook for a few minutes until the onions have softened.
- Mix the Bisto Beef Bouillon Paste with the boiling water and pour over the onions along with the golden ale. Cover with a lid.
- Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until the mushrooms are fully cooked.
- Add the Bisto Reduced Salt Gravy Granules and stir until thickened, then cool.
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- In a suitable pie dish, place the pieces of beef and top with the sauce.
- Cover with puff pastry and glaze with egg wash.
- Bake for approximately 25 mins or until fully cooked and golden brown.