Chicken With Mexican Peanut Chocolate Sauce
Food Main Courses Mexican
Mixing Mexican ingredients with chocolate is a delicious that combination.
1 can chipotle peppers (chipotle paste could be used instead)
120g unsalted peanuts, peeled
60g toasted sesame seeds
60g peeled almonds, toasted
4 slices of dried bread and fried until golden
30g semi-sweet chocolate
3 cloves of garlic, roasted
2 cinnamon twigs
1 tbsp star anise
1 tbsp ground pepper
1 tortilla sliced and fried
1 onion, chopped
Salt to taste
A pinch of sugar
Cooked chicken legs, breasts and thighs
- In a large saucepan heat oil and fry nuts, almonds, peanuts, garlic, and onions slightly and set apart until cold. Onions should become transparent.
- Blend to a smooth paste in a blender when cold.
- Add to blender chipotle peppers, sesame seeds, raisins, fried bread, tortilla, cinnamon, pepper, anise, and blend; add chicken broth to obtain a smooth, thick sauce.
Heat the sauce in a saucepan while stirring with a wooden spoon, if necessary add more chicken broth.
- Add chicken to boiling sauce, lower heat to a minimum and cook for at least 7 minutes.
Add salt and if necessary a pinch of sugar. .
- Add chocolate, mix well when melted.
- Serve up and satisfy those hungry bellies.
- You could also skewer the chicken for a lovely summer snack.