Pair this salad with some BBQ brisket and a chunk of corn bread.
Offer the powerful and peppery Hardy's Crest Cabernet Shiraz Merlot with this punchy dish or a tasty beer
Côte de Boeuf
Food Main Courses American Gluten-free
This sharing steak looks stunning. Get a photo of it on your social media and watch the orders come in…
800g côte de boeuf
Oil, for brushing
Cracked black pepper
Sea salt crystals
For the sauce:
3 tbsp Bull’s-Eye Original BBQ sauce
150ml double cream
- Get the BBQ smoking hot at +220C.
- Allow the steaks to come to room temperature.
- Ensure the surface of the steaks is dry. If not, use a little kitchen paper to remove excess moisture.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- When you’re ready for cooking, brush the BBQ bars with a little oil and lay the steak on.
- Cook for 3 mins on each side on a closed grill.
- When you have reached your preferred degree of cooking, remove from the grill and wrap in baking paper for 5-10 mins.
- While the steaks are resting, make the sauce. Sauté the shallots in butter, add peppercorns, Original BBQ sauce and cream and simmer until thickened.