Cranberry, Bean & Lentil Bake
More people are following a vegetarian or vegan diet than ever. This means it’s important to think creatively and divert from the vegetarian lasagne of old to show customers you take vegetarian and vegan food seriously.
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Oil and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Heat the cranberries and wine in a small pan and cook for a couple of minutes over a medium heat, until the cranberries are soft and the wine has reduced slightly. Pour into the loaf tin and set aside.
- Put the lentils and beans in a bowl and crush slightly.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and cook the onion until soft. Add in the garlic, herbs, paprika and mixed spice and cook for another minute.
- Turn off the heat and add the pulses, tomato purée, soy sauce and cornflour, and stir well.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and press down gently.
- Bake for 25-30 mins, leave to cool for 1 minute and then turn out onto a serving plate.