Serve with a vibrant rosé like Mountain Range
French Toast, Vanilla Ice Cream & Caramelised Banana
Desserts Food French
Try this at a pudding club or as a decadent dessert.
375ml whole milk
375ml double cream
94g Carte D’Or Crème Brûlée/Crème Caramel
300g caster sugar
10 slices of brioche
800ml Carte D’Or Vanilla Ice Cream
- Place the milk, double cream and Carte D’Or Crème Brûlée/Crème Caramel mix in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add 250g sugar across two frying pans and heat to a caramel slowly.
- Soak the brioche slices in the milk mix, then add to the caramel in the frying pans.
- Add in the butter and allow the bread to caramelise. Turn the slices over and allow the other sides to caramelise.
- Remove from the pan and put straight on to serving plates.
- Peel the bananas and cut in half lengthways. Coat with 50g sugar and glaze with a blow torch.
- Place two banana halves on each toast and top with a scoop of Carte D’Or Vanilla Ice Cream.