These gluten-free wraps can be used for vegetarian fillings too, just substitute the chicken for squash.
Gluten-Free Battered Cod & Mushy Peas
Your gluten-free customers won’t be missing out with this simple spin on the British classic.
- Heat a deep fryer to 180C.
- Mix the gram and rice flours, baking powder and xanthan gum together. Add the soda water gradually and whisk together to make a smooth, thick batter.
- Dry the cod with kitchen towel, then dust each piece with cornflour before dipping in the batter.
- Carefully place the battered fish into the fryer, cook gently for 6-7 mins or until cooked through. Once cooked, put the fish in a dish lined with kitchen paper.
- Mushy peas: heat the butter in a saucepan, then add the frozen peas, Knorr Professional Vegetable Jelly Bouillon and water. Bring to the boil and simmer for around 5 mins.
- Blend with a hand blender until coarsely blended. Serve alongside the battered cod.