Treat care home residents to a Sunday roast with this dysphagia-friendly dinner. It's level 6 on the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative framework.
This classic fish dish has been made suitable for dysphagia sufferers. The recipe is level 5 on the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative framework.
- Cook the rice in the Bisto Vegetable Stock, with the turmeric and ground cinnamon until cooked through and completely tender. Drain and place in a bowl. Stir in 50g unsalted butter. Finish with 10g lemon juice, taste, season and set to one side.
- Poach the fish in the milk and 50g butter until just cooked and flaky. Remove and flake to the correct consistency of 4mm x 15mm. Keep warm.
- Boil the eggs for 6 mins and rest in the water for 4 mins. Cool under cold water to stop them cooking and then peel.
- For the curry sauce, bring the Sharwood’s Balti Sauce to the boil in a pan. Remove from the heat, add 100g yoghurt and mix. Add thickener as needed to get correct drop consistency and check against level 5 audit check sheet. Check the seasoning and keep warm.
- For the spinach and chive purée, heat the frozen spinach pellets and add 100g yoghurt. Remove from the heat and add the chives and 10g lemon juice. Blend to a fine purée, thicken as required and season.