Roast potatoes are one of the stars of Christmas dinner (or any roast!). How can you take yours to the next level this year and get customers talking? The answer is Marmite.
These make a great bar snack or takeaway treat
Accompaniment Food British Spanish Vegetarian
One popular street food snack + Marmite = winner!
95ml semi-skimmed milk
135g strong flour
20g Marmite Yeast Extract
150ml Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise
- Boil the potatoes until cooked. Drain and leave to dry in a colander.
- Rice the potatoes and leave to one side.
- Choux pastry: put the milk and butter in a pan and bring to the boil. Beat in the flour until it comes away from the sides of the pan. Remove from the heat and whisk in the eggs until fully incorporated.
- Take the mash, choux pastry and mix together until smooth. Mix the Marmite in with the potato. Place the potato mix into a piping bag with a star nozzle.
- Pre-heat a fryer to 180C. Pipe the mix directly into the oil, forming long strips. Turn after 1 minute and allow to brown on both sides.
- Serve in portions with Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise as a dip.