Strawberry Cookie and Cream no bake dessert with Oreo Crumb
Prep: 20 minutes (3 hours to set)
300g Oreo Crumb
75g butter, melted
400g Philadelphia Original
500g caster sugar
260g fresh strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
A tablet of strawberry flavoured jelly, approx 136g
250ml double cream, whipped until thick
- Have ready a 22-23cm flan ring
- To make the base. Put the Oreo Cookie Pieces into a food processor and blitz to a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and whiz until thoroughly mixed. Press the mixture, very firmly into the base and sides of the flan ring.
- To make the strawberry cream, put the Philadelphia, sugar and chopped strawberries together in a large bowl and whisk until well mixed.
- Put the jelly into a small saucepan with 50ml of cold water. Heat gently until the jelly has just dissolved. Do not boil. Whisk the dissolved jelly into the Philadelphia mixture, then fold in the whipped cream.
- Pile the filling into the Oreo Crumb crust. Refrridgerate for at least 3 hours to set before serving sliced into portions. This makes a great sharing dessert.