Potted Smoked Salmon
Food Quick Meals Starters
Peter Sidwell, Simply Good Food TV
100g fresh salmon
100g smoked salmon, chopped
Salt and pepper
1 lemon, zest and juice
1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp fennel seeds, finely chopped
- Season the fresh salmon and place in a foil encase. Bake for 10 minutes at 180ºC until just cooked.
- Melt butter on a low heat. Once melted, turn off heat and add smoked salmon, parsley, fennel seeds and chilli.
- Add lemon juice and zest to the cooked salmon and mix, careful not to break up the fish but coat it in the liquid.
- Spoon the mixture into a jam jar and press it down gently to ensure the butter rises above the fish to cause a seal of butter when cold.
- Place in the fridge and remove 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with warm toasted sourdough and a squeeze of lemon.