Serve as a starter. The light dressing with sweet and acidic notes pairs beautifully with the asparagus.
Try with Hardy's Crest Chardonnay Sauvignon Blanc
Risotto with Asparagus, Mascarpone and Parmesan
Food Main Courses Italian Vegetarian
Rich, creamy and full of white wine flavour. Use a vegetarian Parmesan equivalent if needed.
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
500g Arborio rice
40g CHEF® White Wine Reduction Paste
40ml CHEF® Vegetable Liquid Concentrate
250g green asparagus, chopped
100g Parmesan cheese
100g pickled onions
30ml parsley oil
20g chives, finely cut
- Sauté the shallots and garlic in butter until translucent.
- Add the rice and mix.
- Bring the water to a boil with the CHEF® White Wine Reduction Paste and CHEF® Vegetable Liquid Concentrate.
- Add the liquid a little at a time, cooking the risotto slowly until the liquid is absorbed.
- Blanch the asparagus until al dente and add to the risotto. Keep some aside to garnish.
- Next add the Parmesan and mascarpone and stir.
- To finish, adjust the texture with more water and season with CHEF® Vegetable Liquid Concentrate and CHEF® White Wine Reduction Paste, if needed.
- Plate the risotto and garnish with the remaining asparagus, pickled onions, parsley oil and chives.