Marinate for an hour before roasting in the oven for maximum flavour.
Spiced Pork Belly with Cumin Butternut Squash and Tenderstem Broccoli
Food Main Courses British
Chef Nick Bailey provides this Spiced Pork Belly recipe with cumin to give it a delicious, aromatic kick
1 tbsp grated ginger
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp grated garlic
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp ground cumin
2 tbsp cumin seeds
1kg pork belly slices
500g butternut squash
3 garlic cloves, crushed
4 tbsp ground cumin
1kg potatoes, peeled
2 tbsp ground coriander
2 tbsp paprika
400g Tenderstem broccoli
2 red chillies, sliced and deseeded
1 spring onion, sliced
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl, then add the pork slices. Cover and set aside to marinate for an hour before roasting in the oven for around 45 mins at 175C.
- Meanwhile, halve the squash and scrape out the seeds. Slice into 1cm slices and place in a baking tray, then pour over the oil, add the garlic, 2 tbsp cumin and season. Cover with foil.
- Slice the potatoes using a mandolin and place in a separate baking tray. Drizzle with oil and season with 2 tbsp cumin, the coriander and paprika.
- Bake the squash and potatoes in the oven for around 30 mins until tender.
- Boil the broccoli until al dente then take out and place in a bowl of iced water.
- Heat a pan with olive oil, add 1 chilli and the garlic, and fry off the broccoli for around 10 mins or until lightly charred.
- Plate up and garnish with the spring onion and remaining red chilli.