Sticky Mango Chicken
Food Main Courses Dairy-free
Annabel Karmel, children's food expert
2- 4 Servings
Chicken breast 2 cut in half
Mango chutney 2 tbsp
Dark brown sugar 1 tbsp
Lime juice ½ lime
Soy sauce 1 tsp
Spinach 100g washed
Mango ½ large, peeled and chopped
Dried cranberries 40g
Toasted pine nuts 1 ½ tbsp (optional)
Vegetable oil 3 tbsp
Balsamic vinegar 1 tbsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- Mix together the mango chutney, sugar, lime juice, soy sauce and some pepper.
- Pour over chicken and marinate for at least one hour, turning occasionally.
- Pre-heat grill to medium high, drain marinade from the chicken and reserve.
- Place chicken on baking tray and grill for about 6 minutes.
- Remove chicken from grill and spoon over sauce. Return to grill for about 3 minutes or until the chicken is turning golden and cooked through.
- Mix oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar together for the salad dressing. In a bowl, combine the spinach, mango and cranberries and toss with the dressing.
- Sprinkle toasted pine nuts on top (if using)