This braised beef cheek recipe was created for Kikkoman by Simon Hulstone, Head Chef at The Elephant in Torquay.
This dish would pair wonderfully with William Hardy Chardonnay – a wine bursting with tropical and stone fruit flavours, but still refreshing
Stir-fried Vegetable Noodles
Food Main Courses Quick Meals Chinese Dairy-free Vegetarian
The black garlic elevates this dish to an enticing main or side.
500g egg noodles
100g spring onions
150g bok choy or similar green leafy vegetable
25g groundnut oil
40g CHEF® Black Garlic Paste
20ml CHEF® Asian Liquid Concentrate
75g coriander, leaves picked
50g Thai basil, leaves picked
- Soak the noodles in the water until soft. Strain.
- Cut the vegetables into similar sizes so they cook evenly and quickly.
- Stir-fry the vegetables in the oil and CHEF® Black Garlic Paste.
- Add the noodles and season with CHEF® Asian Liquid Concentrate.
- To serve, garnish the dish with coriander and Thai basil leaves.