Thai Chicken Broth
Food Main Courses Starters Thai Gluten-free
Cooking oil 10ml
Banana shallot finely sliced 100g
Garlic clove 1 Crushed
Ginger root finely shredded 20g
Red chilli ½ finely sliced with no seeds
Sliced red pepper 100g
Button mushrooms small 100g washed
Essential Cuisine Chicken Stock 20g
Coconut milk 800ml
Double cream 200ml
Barts red Thai curry paste 1tbsp (or to taste)
Thai fish sauce 2tbsp (GF)
Kaffir lime leaves 2
Lemon grass sticks 2 lightly crushed (will be removed)
Skinless chicken breasts 4 small, cut into long strips
Fresh lime juice 1tbsp
Freshly ground pepper
Sea Salt season to your taste
Chopped coriander 1tbsp
- Heat the oil in a suitably sized saucepan, gently fry the shallots and garlic until soft but with not too much colour.
- Stir in the ginger, chilli, red peppers and mushrooms.
- Add the Essential Cuisine Chicken Stock mix, coconut milk and cream, bring to the boil.
- Stir in the Thai curry paste, fish sauce, lime leaves and lemon grass.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then add the chicken strips, stirring well to separate the flesh.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Remove the lime leaves and lemon grass stalks, add the lime juice, add hot water to adjust the consistency if required.
- Season to your taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Your Thai Spiced Chicken and Coconut Broth is now ready to serve.